The Salt Spring Forum is a non-profit charitable organization that brings prominent public figures - thinkers, scientists, writers, advocates and national leaders - to beautiful Salt Spring Island, British Columbia, for community discussions and democratic debate. A hallmark of the Forum is that guests do not present speeches or lectures but rather engage in audience-led exploration of themes and issues.
We pursue our commitment to examine ideas of national and global significance through our annual guest speaker series, through members-only salons, through workshops, conferences, literary festivals, and more.
To inspire creative dialogue about a wide range of significant ideas and solutions to the major challenges of our times.
What We've Achieved
- Presented over 100 events with diverse speakers & different points of view.
- Develop solutions to some of the world’s pressing problems by presenting leading conferences.
- Enhance Salt Spring Island’s engagement with current issues.
- Provide a model for the world to tackle the big issues of our times through dialogue.
- Maintain a vibrant partnership with the local Gulf Islands Secondary School students who help organize and run Forum events.
- Make our events accessible to students and low-income residents by offering them complimentary tickets.
- Foster strong local partnerships to support important local and global initiatives.